It's been a wonderful day of learning......I don't even know where to begin!
The trip to Disney University was filled with amazing facts, fun and learning. Walt Disney, himself, would be impressed with the programs and processes that are in place at the largest US employer. It's hard to imagine Mr. Disney went bankrupt several times before he made it rich!
Our visit started with a tour of "Central Operations" where all the mechanical, industrial and maintenance work is done. Having spent 4 years in the Industrial Technologies department at Kirkwood I really connected and had a depth of appreciation for the work and the facilities. Although photos weren't allowed - the things we saw are forever imprinted in my mind. We then had the opportunity to visit with the Disney SafeD program staff members followed by a visit with the learning and development consultant. We had lots of opportunity to ask questions and were grateful for that! I have several ideas and thoughts about what we can consider at Kirkwood. We ended our time at Disney with a trivia quiz. I thought you'd enjoy the opportunity to see how well you know Disney too! Test your knowledge - answers are below!!!
DISNEY TRIVIA QUIZ
1) How many employees work at Disney?
2) After going bankrupt several times which movie was the "make or break" film that turned the corner for Walt Disney?
3) There are 4 Disney Parks in Orlando. Which park opened first? What year did it open?
4) Disney owns ESPN. What does ESPN stand for?
5) How many Disney buses are there at Disney World?
This evening the NCSPOD Board of Directors started our strategic planning meeting with a "I Am Form" activity. It was GREAT! I will definitely be bringing this back to Kirkwood! I will have to get up early to ensure I get my work out in and eat breakfast before we resume at 8:30 tomorrow morning.
Learning & Loving Life!
3) Magic Kingdom - 1970
4) Entertaining Sports Producing Network
5) 340 - and they are ALL washed and cleaned each night!!